Please read this policy and if you have any questions contact us.
By using the site you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this policy.
Collection of Your Information
Badges for languages collects certain kinds of information, such as the website that referred you to us, browser type and language, and access times. We also may collect navigational information, including information about the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions taken in connection with the site. Limited demographic information, such as the industry you work in, may also be collected and may be linked to your personal information.
We only collect personal information about you after you have provided us with your consent to collect that specific information. Personal information includes:
• information collected when you register as Student or visit the site (including your member name and password, your name, your mailing address, email address, IP address, phone number…).
• if you become a Teacher, information extended when you sign-up as a Teacher including (i) education and other profesional information required in order for us to certify you; and (ii) a copy of your photo identification (for example, your driver’s license).
• information extended when you become Academy (including your credit card number and billing address).
Books For Languages engages in cross device data collection which refers to the process of collecting data from devices that have been determined through statistical analysis to be linked or related. We may combine your visit and navigational information with personal information that you provide. You may always choose not to provide personal information, but if you so choose, certain products and services may not be available to you.
Use of Your Personal Information
Badges for languages collects and uses your personal information to:
• create and manage your membership account; process your transactions; provide customer service; perform research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies, including sending you surveys; to display content that is customized to your interests and preferences; to run contests, select entrants, and choose prize winners; to run Interactive Areas;
• if you are a Student of Badges for languages, to show the information about you and your language skills.
• if you are Teacher of Badges for languages, to show the information about you and your class; to identify your send badges as your badges;
• to communicate with you about your transactions, new products and services including transaction-related communications such as welcome letters, billing reminders, and purchase confirmations; and
• we may also send you marketing emails to inform you of new products or services or other information or offers that may be of interest. These marketing emails may come from Badges for languages or our parent company, or any of its divisions, affiliates or subsidiaries. If you do not wish to receive marketing emails, you may adjust your “Personal Information Preferences” as described below.
If you would like to know more about our privacy practices with Badges for languages or if you would like to exercise any of your personal information protection rights (including the right to have your personal information deleted), please contact our Privacy Officer.
Disclosing Your Personal Information
Personal information collected by Badges for languages and its affiliates may be stored and processed in Spain or any other country in which Badges for languages or its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by providing us with your personal information and using our sites or services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
Information about our customers, including personal information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, or sale of the company and/or its assets, as well as in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which personal information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the company. We reserve the right to disclose your personal information if required or permitted to do so by law.
Teachers provide Personal Information to us, including badges requirements, and information about Students to confirm that Students have earned the applicable badge. The use of information collected from Teachers shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which these Teachers have engaged Badges for languages.
If Teachers choose to use our services to send a badge to one Student, we will ask for Teachers Student’s name and email address. We will use that information to send the student a one time email inviting him or her to receive the badge and if they choose to join us, to track our services. If you are a Teacher, by using the Website or Services, you confirm that you have obtained prior, specific, and informed consent to provide Personal Information to us. We may request a copy or evidence of such consent.
Badges for languages collects information under the direction of the Teacher, or as provided directly to Badges for languages by the Student. If you are a Student of one of the Teachers and would no longer like to be contacted by one of the Teachers that use our service, please contact the Teacher that you interact with directly.
An Student who seeks access, or who seeks to correct or amend inaccurate information should direct their query to the Teacher. We retain Personal Information we process on behalf of the Teacher for as long as needed to provide services to the Teacher and the Students. Books For Languages shall continue to make the Service available to Students, including in cases where the Teacher terminates its use of the Service. Individual Badges and an Student’s entire account may be deleted by the Student at any time directly through the Service. Badges for languages will retain this Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We may use a third-party provider to administer this function, but any such third-party provider may only use the information submitted to facilitate this one-time email. If you are the Earner and you choose to join us, your Badges for languages member name and any information you choose to put on your profile page may be viewable to the person that referred you so that they may track their badges. If you are the Earner and you choose you can choose to send the badge to Open Badges Backpack. Learn more about privacy at Mozilla Badge Backpack here.
Information about You Received from Third-Party Services or Other Users
If you log into the Service using information associated with your account at third-party services such as Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter (collectively, “Third-Party Services”), you thereby authorize Badges for languages to access certain information associated with your account with the Third-Party Service, based on the privacy settings you establish at the Third-Party Service. Please review the privacy policies of any Third-Party Services from which you access the Service (please see Third-Party Sites Section below regarding use of those Third-Party Services).
If you utilize a Third-Party Service to log into the Service, other users to whom you may be connected through such Third-Party Service may able to see that you are a user of the Service or may view or follow information about you on the Service.
On some pages, we allow you to share personal information with third parties, such as social networks like Facebook. In these instances, you are agreeing to the data being shared and the shared data is subject to the privacy policies of the third parties. We do not control and do not assume any responsibility for the use of personal information by such third parties. For more information about the third party’s purpose and scope of their use of personal information in connection with sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of such third parties.
Consent of Your Personal Information
Accessing Your Personal Information
If you would like to review or revise information that you previously provided to us, you may access and change your personal information in the “My profile” section of the site. You may also contact Customer Service by email at email@example.com for assistance.
Personal Information Preferences
Badges for languages respects your right to make choices about the use and disclosure of your personal information. If at any time you decide that you do not want to receive marketing emails from us, please let us know by:
(1) checking or unchecking the appropriate box on your online registration form when you sign up;
(2) contacting your Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org;
(3) follow the “unsubscribe” instructions included within each email communication;
(4) by email at email@example.com.
If you choose not to receive marketing emails, please be advised that you will continue to receive transactional or account communications and emails (e.g., confirmation emails and account balance statements).
Badges for languages uses “cookies” and other technologies like pixel tags, web beacons and similar technologies (“Cookies”) to enable you to sign in to our services and to help personalize and improve your online experience. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard drive or device. Cookies contain information, including personal information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. The information that cookies collect includes the date and time of your visit, your registration information, session identification number and your navigational history and preferences. Pixel tags, also called web beacons, are clear image (i.e., non-visible) files that may be placed on a website, in an email or newsletter, and request information from your device such as your browser type and may assist us in determining your engagement with the content of the website and emails we send, how many users have visited certain pages, or how users have otherwise engaged with our messages or newsletters.
Cookies offer you many conveniences:
• They allow us to identify registered users when they return to the site so that they can retrieve previous image search results, access lightboxes, shopping carts, and view their previous invoices.
• Cookies also save you time by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information.
• Cookies allow us to deliver personalized content to you, including search results and targeted advertising.
• Cookies help to protect your security by checking your login details and may help prevent fraud.
• Cookies remember your preferences when using the site.
• Cookies also identify particular customers in the event such customer would like assistance from a live, online customer service representative.
• Measure and analyze aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our users on our site. Information gathered may include, but is not limited to the following: activity of the user browser when the user is visiting the site, the site path of users, general information regarding the visitor’s internet service provider and host, and the time users come to the site.
• Remember our users’ previous search of products and services, and dynamically display more relevant content to them.
• Record users’ behavior on our site, such as pages visited, emails clicked, forms completed and products and services purchased to create customized advertisements and communications that better meet your needs.
• Evaluate user traffic and behavior on the site to compile activity reports for our internal use only.
• Conduct research and diagnostics to improve our products and services.
• Identify users arriving at the site via a referral from an affiliate website or sponsored link.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. Please be aware that the site is optimally designed to operate with cookies enabled in your internet browser. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of our sites and services that depend on cookies but you will be able to perform basic navigation through the site.
Disabling cookies may negatively impact your experience of the site.
Security of Your Personal Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to help protect your personal information including without
• limiting access to your personal information to those of our employees who require it to provide services to you;
• requiring employees to sign confidentiality agreements to protect customer and other confidential information;
• ensuring that third-party service providers sign confidentiality agreements to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and not to use it for any unauthorized purposes;
• personal information collected is retained as long as it is reasonably required for the purposes it was collected;
• storing your personal information in secure computer systems which protect it from unauthorized access or use.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If a password is used to protect your account and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential.
Forums & Other Interactive Services
Our sites may include discussion forums or other interactive areas or services, including blogs, chat rooms, bulletin boards, message boards, online hosting or storage services, or other areas or services in which you or third parties create, post or store any content, messages, comments, materials or other items on the sites (“Interactive Areas”). If you use an Interactive Area, you should be aware that these areas are open to the public and any personal information you post or provide at registration may be viewable by others. We are not responsible for personal information you submit in connection with the Interactive Areas, nor are we responsible for how others might use that information, including sending you unsolicited messages. Interactive Area postings may be retained indefinitely. If at any time you would like to remove a posting, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep in mind that removal of a posting from an Interactive Area does not mean that the posting will be deleted from our systems.
We do not intend to solicit or collect personal information from anyone under the age of 16 without parental consent. If you are under 16, you shall not use or enter information on this site, including without limitation, any Interactive Areas of the site without parental consent. Please contact Customer Services by email at email@example.com, to obtain the necessary parental consent forms.
We may link to websites, including those of our subsidiaries and third-party content providers, that have different privacy policies and practices from those disclosed here. We assume no responsibility for the policies or practices of such linked sites, and encourage you to become acquainted with them prior to use.
Your European Data Protection Rights
If you reside in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), subject to certain exceptions, you have a right to:
- Learn whether we are processing your Personal Information and, if so, to gain access to it and certain information about it.
- Have inaccurate Personal Information corrected or removed, and have incomplete Personal Information completed.
- Have your Personal Information erased when:
- It is no longer necessary for the purposes collected;
- You withdraw consent to process it;
- We have processed it unlawfully; or
- EU or Member State law to which we are subject requires erasure.
- Restrict our processing of your Personal Information when:
- You contest its accuracy (for a period necessary to verify it);
- The processing is unlawful and you prefer restriction of use to erasure; or
- We no longer need the data, but you need it in connection with legal claims.
- Obtain in usable form the Personal Information you gave us and, if technically feasible, require its transmittal directly to another controller that you designate.
- Lodge a complaint with a Member State data protection supervisory authority.
To exercise these rights, please contact Customer Services by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you reside in the EEA, Badges for languages will process your Personal Information in accordance with all applicable data protection legislation.
Access, Retention and Deletion
Upon request Badges for languages will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by logging into your account or contacting us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.